Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I feel SO dumb

Ok, apparently the two jobs that Zhang Yuan and were so happy over were lousy jobs. I haven't actually even started yet, but right after I finished typing my last entry and told my mum and brother about it, they told me that the pay was lousy and that the working hours were lousier. AND that with my terrible working skills, I'll be lucky to earn a dollar a day.
Ok, they didn't say the last bit. My brother actually said that the company was taking advantage of ignorant people like us. They told me to withdraw my applications. So I have no idea what to say to the guy when he calls me - "Er, I'm sorry, I just found out that this job is lousy and I don't want to get cheated."?
I hope I won't be home when he calls.
:P And as for the blur ice-cream guy, we have his number, but he doesn't have ours. Teehee. Can blackmail. Just kidding. But frankly, I still think that those two jobs are quite ok, at least the people are really nice. :( But even Zhang Yuan's mom told her that the jobs were lousy, and Zhang Yuan's mom is usually very happy with anything. That says a lot.

Anyway my mom found another job, that has humane pay and worse working hours. It's at this shoe shop, where I'll be something like a salesgirl who does anything that needs to be done, from being the cashier to arranging the shoes to attending to customers. Scary. The downside is that it only needs ONE more employee, according to the nice lady over the phone. It is a 12 hour job. 9.30 to 9.00. Pays something like 4 bucks/hr. Quite humane lah, compared to the other two jobs, the first which pays like 35 cent for every product you pack (plus you have to split up aomong your team members, which makes it like a FEW CENTS per product) the other which pays a base pay of $15 for every 80 products you sell. And if you don't manage to sell 80, you'll have to continue selling till you do, don't care if you sell till midnight. Yeah, I just realised the horror of the situation.

Anyway, a job is a job, and I should be happy that I actually found a few, in fact I still won't really mind doing them, except that my mom and brother objects. They also said that door-to-door sales can be very dangerous; some psychotic guy might just pull you in his house and you're dead. So, if you're looking for a job, DON'T be like me, so n00b. -.-"

And, like Yun Tong said, there is no job that can't be done. It is just the attitude that you take to that job and its pay/working hours. Yet Zhang Yuan needs to find a proper paying job as she needs to pay for her $2000 one-way ticket to Canada. I'm SO contradicting myself.

Anyway, I know that M1 is having their class chalet now, hope they are having fun.
And Pam and Sam, how were your first two days at work in that hotel? LOL, it's not what you think ,it's clean ok, they are nice, innocent girls. :)

Anyway, just wanna say that I MISS 4L1 ALREADY!!!! I'm glad we are all going back to school tomorrow. OYAH!!! I just remembered that I still owe Oreo (Aurelia) my autograh. Oops. Shall go write it now. And HAPPY BELATED B'DAE, SHUXIAN! Sorry I forgot. I didn't get a chance to meet you anyway. :P And to all the novemberians! Cheers! Stay happy! Stay smart! Stay (insert random nice word)!

Have to go shower now. ZONKED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home