Friday, May 30, 2008

Another super long post with lotsa pics and gushing and gore.

(If you want to read till the end, make sure you have like half hour of reading time. Also, get ready for some gross pics of wounds...)

(Main points of this entry (cos it's so long I'd better do a summary) are blading, rebonding, and farewell to my colleagues.)

OMG. I dunno where to begin. So many things to say!! First of all is that I'm reaaally happy nowadays. So many things happened that makes me smile when I think about them. Oh gosh. Haven't been so happy in a long while. I think if I die right now my corpse will juyst go right on smiling in the grave.

Where shall I start?? My brain is swimming with so many events and the happy hormones are rushing everywhere in my blood so I can't think without grinning at my com.

Ok. Let's start with Wednesday's blading lesson at East Coast. It rained. Nonono, it POURED. Xiong1 Mao2 and I bladed in the hot sun for a while, sweating like piggies. Then, it suddenly drizzled... rained... then poured. I swear, each drop of water is like a BUCKETFULL la. Piak Piak Piak!

We were heading back to the shop to meet Sham to start our lesson at 3 when the rain started, and we had to take shelter under this little makeshift thingy somewhat like pasar malam shelters. You know, with white cloth attached to metal stands. Sham himself was stuck under an expressway. Cos he riding motorbike mah, then kena caught in rain too.

In the end, when the rain got lighter, we bladed slowly to Mac to meet him. I didn't dare to go back to the shop we usually go to because I DIDN'T BUY MY BLADES FROM THEM. After weeks and weeks of the guy being so nice to me and lending me his blades for free and for as long as I needed, I went to another shop to buy my blades... *ashamed*

We settled down with Sham to wait for the rain to stop. We were discussing whether to continue with the lesson or not. Xiong1 Mao2 and I secretly want to just continue playing with him without it counting as a lesson, cos wet ground can't learn well. Then we dunno how to ask him. In the end, he himself suggested it! WAHAHA. Happy. In the end we bladed for fun, but then he was still giving us tips anyway, so it was still something like a lesson. Happy because it was supposed to be the last lesson that day and this meant that next week we'll meet him again for the real last lesson. =D

Had the same problem with slopes again. This time, the slopes I tried were much steeper and longer, and my blades are like the DAMN FAST kind, according to Sham. Like, you exert a bit of force and the blades go WHOOSH. Sometimes I dun even do anything and the blades move on their own. O.o

Shall not talk about all my unglam falls cos got too many le. I even crashed into a sign and the sign almost toppled over. -.- Sham and XM both saw it. And some other strangers in a nearby restaurant saw it too. Damnation. Didn't dare to look over at them cos I'm sure half of them will be grinning. Shit man. I think I blade to entertain others. Really hard to brake la!!! Shoot so fast really can't think. When that happens I just freeze up and scream. >.<


My left elbow has hardly healed and I've skinned the other one to join in as well. The wound looks ok now, but wait till I show you how it progressed. The next day when I went back to give farewell cards and presents at my company, the people there were all screaming at my wounds. =D Funny!

This scrape looks quite ok now as well, but wait till I show you how it morphed later on. Two guys behind me turned around and caught the glamorous event. They were grinning happily. Damn them.

Another memorable fall was another one that got XM full of envy. Because once again, Sham and I gun3 lai2 gun3 qu4 (Quoted from XM. Direct translation means rolling everywhere.)

What happened was XM brought us all to a sharp slope which turns to the right cos she wanted to learn how to go down and stay alive. So not only do you have to go down the slope calmly, you have to turn as well. OMG. Slopes are my nightmares. Anyway when it was my turn to try, Sham was standing somewhere in the middle of the slope to watch me go down.

I edged my blades to the beginning of the slope. I inched over slowly. When I started going, I started screaming, and I couldn't hear Sham's voice telling me to bent my knees nor could I hear XM. I looked at Sham with a horrified expression and went shooting down. He saw me coming, and slowly his expression changed to match mine. His face went like "WOW!!!" And he knew he had to prepare for a super crash. He widened his legs and prepared for it. I headed straight for him, terrified, arms ready to grab his shoulders.

BAM!!!! He did a rugby tackle on me and did a brake-fall so that he will push me down and stop my acceleration. Unlike the previous lesson (which involved my first tiny slope) when he first saved me, this one was really one on top of the other. Some more the force of the crash was so large than after both of us slammed to the ground VERY LOUDLY, we froze for like 5 seconds to absorb what has happened. From the point I edged my blades over the slope to us hitting the ground, I think the time span was about 4 seconds. So XM got green for the rest of the day. =D She's the one with the mad fetish for him but somehow I'm the one always crashing and falling with him. Ah well.

One last thing about blading before I move on. The previous lesson, XM and I betted with each other over whether Sham is attached. I said yes and she said no. I lost. Lol! He even said, "Why, you got someone to introduce to me is it?" Gals go get him! I can give you his no. He's a hard-to-find sweet guy. He got some really cute habits, e.g slapping his forehead loudly. Maybe I'll post his pics next time. I'll take some on our last lesson next week! =D

Okay... done with blading le. Think I missed out some interesting happenings but can't remember.

OYAH!!!! Omg how can I forget. Sorry this post is very disorganised. When me and XM just started blading in the hot sun, XM was in front, talking to me, then suddenly she screamed, "WATCH OUT!" I was blading halfway then I was like confused and startled. Then, I heard a VERY loud "SWOOSH" and a big crash. I turned behind, and OMFG this GIGANTIC branch with lots of leaves still attached was like less than a metre behind me!!! It was like a big bush one metre in diameter. *faints* The size of half a small tree!! Oh man.. It was raining in the morning so I guess the branch got loose. If I had gone just a BIT slower I would have been blogging from heaven now. Or maybe hell, since I'm so naughty. Except maybe they might not have internet connection up there. You know, for purity's sake. Too many porn sites. LOL! I still got a lot of things to do in life you know. And when I die I want to die a glamourous death, on my deathbed with loved ones holding my hands, looking into my eyes and knowing I'll be off to a better place, and that we'll meet again someday, waiting for me to breathe my peaceful last breath and to close my eyes for the last time. NOT being whacked to death by a darned tree branch. -.- Coulda lost my life without knowing what happened and never knowing what rebonded hair feels like. -.-

Ok. Crap overload. Next!!! Oh wait. Photos photos! Of the wounds after they progressed. *warning* Let's start with the milder ones first.

The skinned elbow. It looks worse than the first pic because I fell and scraped it AGAIN later on. Exact same place. D'oh.

Okay, first, let's take a look at my NORMAL left leg:

Ok. That's how a perfectly NORMAL leg should look like.

And now for the injured leg.

You can get a glimpse of the horrible swelling and the blue-black area.

A closer look:

And here's the kicker, a face-on photo:

I slept on my left side for the next few nights. In fact, the abrasion looks 10 times worse now. It has like blackened a bit more. But I shall spare you guys anymore torture. =D *halo glows* I look like I've been poisoned... And the swelling is so bad it feels like I've grown a third butt. You should have seen the looks some of my colleagues gave me when they saw my wounds. They came screaming with bottles of 'miracle' oil and rubs and started scolding me for not wearing long pants while blading, etc etc. Mini daddys and mommys.

FINALLY done with blading. Despite the wounds, I still love blading though!! Okay, let's move on to my rebonding. It took very long and I was quite cold after the 3 hour plus procedure. Cost me $178. That's 3 and a half tutoring lessons' money down the drain.

Think I look like an Ah Lian now. The kind who flip their hair and give you bu4 shuang3 looks n the streets. o.O Shall cut a fringe when I have the time so that I don't look so bitchy. Sian, I forgot to take before and after pics. Cos I think my usual looks okay too. Cos it's only wavy from the middle so it looks like it has been lightly permed. And it looks 10 times more friendly than this Ah Lian hair. Hmm. I think I shall not post pics until I get my fringe cut. Cos look too ah lian already. I feel threatened by my own reflection. =D

Okay! Moving on to the third and last part of the post! You can tell that I'm kinda rushing through now cos I'm getting tired and am running out of patience with myself. Cos I wanna settle down on my bed snugly to read my book. Now let's move on to my farewell visit to my company.

Ytd after rebonding I went over to my workplace to give farewell hugs and presents. I'm censoring myself in the pics with smiley faces because I dowan to show my Ah Lian face. =P


Ann! My beloved aunty-like lady! She was so friendly when I first came to work. She made me feel instantly at ease. Damn! Just realised that I fogot to take pictures of the cards and presents I prepared for them. Took me one whole day at stinky Mac to finish drawing and writing la. Sianed. Anyway I love this lady. She's always puts me instantly at ease. Will miss lunching with her. We look like mother and daughter ya? =)

Frankie!! Our dear dear carpenter, who is always knocking and polishing away, and always so proud of what he does. Everytime I go by he'll ask me if what he's making/polishing is beautiful or not (usually a little table or chaise longue for the poolside). "Yuan Ting! Mei3 ma1? Hen2 Mei3 Hor2?" =D He's such a jolly person! So happy everyday! I wish I can be like him! He's my beloved brother... He gave me such a looooong and tight hug!! I'll definitely miss him and his loud bursts of "Yuan Yuan! Ting Ting!", or "Miss China!" (He knows I'm from Cheeena.) I was so surprised when he gave me this piece of jade, threaded by a string. He says it will bring me good luck, and told me to wear it everyday. He says if I take care of it carefully, like putting it in the fridge when I'm not wearing it, and if I manage to get the green colour to come through (cos it is a little dirty on the surface), it will be worth 2 to 3k!! OMG. He says he has another piece but it is not as valuable as the one he is giving me. He said, "Qi2 ta1 ren2 wo2 she3 bu4 de2 gei3, zhi3 gei2 ni3." (I don't bear to give it to others, but I'm giving this to you.) I was sooo touched la! Although the truth is I'm not going to wear it because its just too big (Sorry Frankie!), I will definitely treasure it. I've asked my mom to safekeep it fo me. Cos knowing myself, I'll either break it or lose it. Love ya, Frankie!

Oops! A bit blur. Ann's hands were shaking when she took it. =D She was telling Iskandar to relax and not be so uptight, but she herself has shaky hands. LOL! Funny!!


Second try! This time Ann relaxed but Iskandar went back to being nervous. -.- Iskandar is from Pakistan. He's a dam funny guy la! Although I hate him cos on April Fools' Day when I got whacked by a birdshit, he was happily laughing at me the whole day. It's like he will becoming round the corner with a his straight bored face, then when he catches sight of me, he starts laughing happily. Hmph. Can't wait for the day when he gets whacked by 10 birdshits right on his face! I think I'll go laughing to my grave.. But he's really a cool guy. Quite gong3. He's getting married soon! I think.


Mohammed!! When I first started work I was SO SO SO amused by him!! The way he talks, the way he walks... everything!! OMG.. I laughed till my tummy ached la. I'll try to avoid looking at him cos I know I will burst. It got better after a few weeks cos I got used to him. He calls me "Ah Long", cos I'm long. So when he calls me people think I'm a loanshark... -.- And he's "Ah Short", cos he's short! Heh heh. His english is not very good and sometimes he will start blabbering at me in malay and I'll look at him rattling on and on, amused and going to burst into laughter soon. Funny little guy.. He has worked there for about 10 years. Rare for employees here. Usually people come and go fast.

Here's him holding up a poor prawn from a big bucket that some members caught. I got freaked by the prawns jumping out of the pail but I still got brave enough to get close and take a 6 second video. Ok I'm a wuss. See his face? Always got that amused look... =D


Paulette! She's from Soe's office. Although I don't know her that well, I find her cute. She's pregnant! *mummy instincts aroused* She's due pretty soon. Maybe next time when I go to visit I can get chance to goo-goo-gah-gah at her baby. =) She has a sweet face..


WANDI!!! My favourite favourite favourite marine boy!!! He's the Acting Supervisor. Know how to act only. Haha! He's SO SO SO SO CUTE!! He so SMALL!!! His wife is even smaller.. but I haven't seen her before. But the other day Diyanah was squealing about how cute and small his wife is, so I guess she must be REALLY small to be smaller than Wandi. He's so nice! Oh man. Dunno how to describe. Love this little guy.

There are about 6 more marine boys but I didn't get the chance to take a pic with them. I was rushing for time to catch the company bus at 6pm and some of them were on their off days. Maybe I'll go back another day to take a pic! =D I'm always stealing thier maggie noodles and using their stove. =D

Here's their cosy little hideout in RSYC. It is really messy and dirty, but it is fully equipped with a fridge, a stove, a freezer, etc etc. I almost set fire to the whole place once when I sneaked there to cook instant noodles. Haha jk la. I'm not that much of a walking disaster.. maybe only when blading. =P

A badly taken picture of the boys in action. The yellow tractor is recovering a boat. Or it could be launching. I can't remember. Seems to me like it is a complicated process. So many things to watch out for throughout the whole process. Wow... the floor in the pic looks jellyish.


I realise that I forgot to take a picture with ROBAT!!!! ARGH. DAMMIT. How can I forget? And Gwen as well! My darling!!! =( I don't care, I'm going back another day to grab them and force them to camwhore. =D Anyway. Robat!!! My cute boss!!! This was taken on the day of the Prom when the entire Marine department sneaked away from Prom and out to lunch at Jack's Place. It was the only chance we had to go out together because someone always has to be in the office, round the year. Regardless of Public holidays or weekends. That day was Prom and the club closed at 3pm to let the staff get ready. Anyway, I'm reeeaaallllyyy lucky to be placed in the marine department because this boss rocks my socks. I can steal his sweets and chocs and get nothing more than a killer glare. He has treated us to lunch so many times that I lost count. -.- He always has lots of stories to tell. All the illegal things he did when he was young (he once smuggled drugs. SHHH!); how he rode over 200km/hr on his motorbike; all his interesting encounters etc. I can't wait for Family Day so that I can go back and play and bug him to give me a jetski ride like he promised!! =D He said he will be sure to go so fast that I'll fall off the dam thing. Hmph. And I told him back that I'll make sure I won't fall off cos I'll be hanging on to his shirt like hell. So that even if I do go down, I'll have his shirt with me. HAHA!!! We shall see who wins.

We are Robat's Angels!!! Heh heh. Taken just after we got off the shuttle bus, at Clementi MRT. That's Diyanah in the middle, the evil one who wants to steal my Eeyore cup (In the pic my Eeyore cup is safely stuffed into my bag). Had lots of fun screaming with each other about the cafeteria food! And of course plotting new ways to steal Robat's sweets. =) And that's Zeina on the right. She's from Bangladesh. She's our Drama Queen, easily excited, usually by the clock when we fail to realise that it is already past 6 and the bus is leaving soon. Then when she sees the clock, she'll go gasping and scaring all of us. Sweet girls whom I'll miss terribly. They kept telling me to go NUS so that I can bring Burger King over to them. -.- The witches!!! Only care about food, not about me. Sad. I'll miss blowing bubbles into their faces. I took my Eeyore cup but I left my little bubble bottle there so that they can destress!! *Halo glows*

I forgot to take a pic with Gwen!! Dammit. He was running everywhere when I went over so I literally couldn't catch hold of him. I was busy running around the club saying goodbye, and didn't get a chance to take a goofy pic with him... =( *cries* He's the mad Frenchman of RSYC!!! =) He's my DARRRRLING. =) I love his accent... I love his goofy childish ways. I love the way he sits in a girly sexy mermaid way on the yacht. He says that's cos there's no space to sit in any other way but pffft. I love the way he pops sweets into his mouth just by pressing the plastic and shooting the sweet out. Dam I'll miss him.


I saved the best for the last!!! =D That's Soe! He's from Burma, but grew up in America. He has a cool American accent that I absolutely love. *gushes* I've censored both of us cos we're locked in a passionate french kiss. MWAHAHAHA. JK la! Later his wife come hack me with a chainsaw from the marine office. (There REALLY is a rusty chainsaw in the marine office. Don't ask me why.) Actually I censored him cos I know Stella wants to see him. TEEHEEHEE. I know what you're thinking la. What's the point of putting up pics when I'm covering everything with smiley faces? Haha. Shit now I can't stop grinning. Do you see his hands on my waist?!?!?! Oh shit it's hidden by my right arm. But you can SORTA see his elbow from between us... *happy* You can't imagine how WIDE I was smiling away. Haha.. he promised to bring me out blading!!! *bursts out in laugher and claps hands like a seal* clapclapclap!! Also, I have the same birthday as his ex-gf! Omg la. 8th Sept. I was SO happy when he told me that because that means it will be much easier for him to remember my birthday. *beams* Okay I have to stop blogging for a while cos I need some time to grin to myself.

*GRINS from ear to ear*

Okay. My sanity is back. Now for some pics that I whined off from Soe. Yea, whined. That's my newly created word. It means obtaining something by whining. =D He gave me two CDs - one with 7 best pics of RSYC and another with LOTS of other pics that was taken. I'm tired and lazy and my shoulders are aching now, so I shall just post the 7 good pics. Warning: The pics are all lies, lies, LIES. The place isn't that big nor is it that beautiful. Heehee.

The pool. Beautiful night view.

The staircase area.. from an angle.


The wet berths... beautiful.



Some pretty sailing boats.

The pool and the restaurant. It looks like something next to heaven uh? Deceptive. Heehee. Okay I gotta admit the pictures are beautiful man.


The restaurant. Rudely reminded of the glass-clinking nightmare with Gwen.


One of the hotel rooms. Reminded again of my sore butt from sitting on that bed frozen in position.


Forget to resize e pics and was waiting and waiting like a dumb-dumb for the super big files to be uploaded. THRICE. It went smoothly only when I resized them down.

Ah well.

I'll miss Gwen coming into the office and shouting in his french-filled english,"Eh darrrlingg! Yooo look beeyoootifu tooozae!!!"

I'll miss Gwen's funky pants. I want to steal his pants.

I'll miss Robat's laughter. He has many ways of laughing, but the one I'm most amused with is his 'heeheehee' laughter. He really goes hee-hee-hee.

I'll miss Zeina's squealing over sweet desserts, and the way her eyes go round when she gets excited about something.

I'll miss Diyanah's stern glare that she gives when I do something silly or when I try to gush about a certain someone.

I'll miss Frankie coming into our office and stealing our teabags.

I'll miss the crazy death-threatening bus rides to and from RSYC. Ok... maybe not.

I'll miss Iskandar coming to our office with a guilty grin because he needs to change his 2 dollar for coins to get drinks from the vending machine AGAIN. Then I'll threaten to charge him service charge.

I'll miss finding ways to sneak to a certain office to see a certain someone. Haha. You know la.

I'll miss guessing what new horrors are up for lunch at the cafeteria.

I'll miss Razalee's (One of the boys) amazing singing.

I'll miss the sight of the sailing boats rocking like mad when the waves come.

I WILL NOT MISS the super loud sound of the tractor.

I'll miss complaining about the super slow computers.

I'll miss complaining about certain members. Or maybe not.

Dammit. I'll miss RSYC. I heart you all. 4 months of fun... But I'm moving on. Bye guys! Take care! I'll go back often to disturb you guys and to steal sweets...

*falls into bed, tired from all the typing*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home