Blading = Full Body Stroke
Arms hurt.
Thighs hurt.
Knees hurt.
Shoulder blades hurt.
Neck hurts.
Toes hurt.
Elbows hurt.
Right thumb hurts.
'Pectoralis majors' hurt. (wikipedia it =P)
Wrists hurt.
Waist hurts.
Butt hurts.
My head now feels like I've just drunk an entire barrel of milk.
Can't remember when I last had such a full body muscle ache. I prefer intense aches on ONE concentrated part of the body than moderate pain everywhere. But no doubt blading was dam fun! =D
I'm dying but I shall blog about it anyway, because my fingers don't hurt, luckily.

I had my third lesson with my instuctor, Sham, on wednesday. XL and I went early to blade on our own for awhile. 20 minutes into blading, I discovered something horrifying. I was happily going along, then I suddenly happened to notice my right thumb from the corner of my eye. I saw RED. I looked at my hand and saw that my index finger and thumb were totally bloody. YIKES!!! I wailed for XL and she hurried next to me. I thought that my face was bleeding or something (because in the previous lesson the bridge of my nose was scratched and bleeding for some reason), but she inspected my face and didn't see any blood. We both looked closer at the mess and dicovered that the blood was from my right thumb. (I'm tapping the space bar with my left thumb now by the way.)
Don't read on if you're eating... cos I'm gonna describe the wound.
Under my right thumb was a deep gnash, and it looked like the flesh had been squeezed hard by something, and a blood clot was forming. Any harder and the flesh would have been dug out la. Both of us looked in horror at the cut. Apparently I had smeared blood from my thumb onto my index finger too. Strangely, it didn't hurt at all! I cleaned up the best I could with a wet tissue. Then after that it started hurting. -.- Slow nerves.
Later on the three of us (Sham, XL and me) figured that it must have happened when I was putting on the blades. I guess I pressed down on the fastener too hard. It is a plastic thing with lots of ridges. Ah well. Who ask me so violent with the blades.
Anyway so that was wound number 1. Kinda 'yuan1 wang4' cos the wound is quite 'mo4 ming2 qi2 miao4' la.
XL and I continued to blade till 3 when Sham's lesson starts. The first thing he did when he arrived was to ask us to fall for him. LOL!!! I like my joke. =D Pls be polite and laugh, thank you. Anyway we had to demonstrate the praying fall for him a few times. Here comes another 'yuan1 wang4' wound!!! I fell forward in the correct position, but my elbow guard was too loose. While scraping my elbow forward, the elbow guard got pushed behind and I happily continued scraping my bare elbow along the ground. Sham didn't notice, and exclaimed 'EXCELLENT!' at my falling style, and I continued smiling modestly while gritting my teeth silently. He found out about the wound later on anyway. =P
Self-PWN.
I fell many many many times that day, even more than all other lessons combined! There was one part when we went to 7-11 to buy drinks, then we had to learn going down a slope. I tried and tried and fell like 4 times on the slope alone, all on my butt. Because I was supposed to keep my body bent forward while going down, but on instinct I will lean backwards. So I was actually making myself fall. Anyway the first time I fell, then I went up to try again. Then the second time I fell, Sham tried to catch hold of me to save me but both of us ended up in a mess of arms and legs. (XL got really jealous that I got to "roll around with him". Direct quotation "gun3 lai2 gun3 qu4" . -.-)
I emerged unharmed but he scraped his knuckle. Oops. I asked him if it was the first time he ever fell during a lesson, then he said it was the first time ever for a slope. LOL!!! Looks like I broke his record! Oops. Maybe I shouldn't sound so proud of it. =P
Oya! I spoke to the WORLD BLADING CHAMP yesterday! Crazy la. I bet you didn't expect the world blading champ to be a Singaporean uh? =D Neither did I. Although I think I heard about it somewhere before.
I was blading along, then suddenly this guy shot past me. I was about to mutter sour words (like I always do when other bladers go faster than me, which is most of the time), then I realised something strange. The guy was wearing one slipper and one rollerblade. O.o And he was like doing some hopping thing every now and then, then scooting forward fast with one rollerblade. I was like O.O??? And at first I thought it looked ridiculous. I was even kinda disgusted becuse I thought he was showing off. LOL!!
Sham later told us he was the frigging world champ, and he and a few friends were there practising their stunts. Omg la. And the most coincidental part? The world champ happens to like to hang around our shop. By 'our shop' I'm referring to the one where we signed up for blading lessons for, and where I borrow the blades for free.
When we were almost done blading and were heading back to the shop, XL fell. For the whole day she had been falling in the same position, scraping her left butt. There is now a patch of purple on her butt and I have pics, but shall not post up lest I scare people off. I actually took pictures of all our wounds, but I guess pictures like that are not for the faint-hearted. Haha! Anyway where was I. Oya, after the world champ (can't remember his name... tried to search online but apparently he isn't famous enough yet) gave me some tips. Probably because he kept seeing us fall and felt sorry for us. -.- He was sitting down at a table in front of the shop. He was observing us and said that our bodies are too straight while blading, and that we should always fall forward etc. Until now I'm still falling on my butt la. Sad. Now there are multiple random wounds everywhere, and I am completely clueless as to how I got them. He also told us to put our hands on our knees / thighs, even though it might look dumb. =D
Haha. Although he isn't considered good-looking, I bet gals all swoon over such guys. Heh. No Kit, I'm NOT guy-crazy ok. Just a harmless comment.
Gonna buy blades today! Sham is so nice! I told him I might be going over early, then asked him what time the shop opens. (This shop of his friend's near his house.) Then he asked me what time I will be going, saying that he will ask them to open the shop early. So nice of him!! Haha... If only all guys could be as sweet as he is. =)
No KIT I am not guy-crazy. Just another harmless comment OKAY.
Ok I'm tired now. Shall end off with some pics.
Kena tou1 pai1 by XL while grinning at something on the floor.
My thumb, after everything had been cleaned up and the bloody bits washed off. Ack.
Happy despite multiple wounds!

Two happy bladers. You've been haired! (By xiong1 mao2 and jiao3 mao2.)
Shall get pics of Sham on the next and last blading lesson! =D Cute. No KIT I am not guy-crazy. Just another harmless comment. *defensive*
P.S. Just remembered about the pic that I inititally wanted to post. Shall post it up next post! Along with another funny story. =D Also, I feel like I have a lot of exciting things to blog about but I can't seem to remember WHAT. -.-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home