Candid / NG shots
I'm now having a major tummy cramp from giggling to myself... Was happily smiling away while drafting out this post... =D
Anyway this will be another long post, with lots of pics. So ya. Another half hr of your time.
When I left RSYC, Soe handed me a CD filled with photos, and I assumed that I had already seen all of them so I didn't bother to open the CD until a few days ago while I was clearing my table. But when I opened it up, I realised that he had given me the complete set of photos from the shoot - including the scene shots and the rejected NG shots. Had a hell of a time laughing at them. Wanted to do a proper post on the rejected shots, but kept putting it off till today. Just spent like half an hour sifting out the NG shots from the successful shots. Smiled like mad la. I'm not gonna post the successful ones cos mostly already in an earlier post. So now only got the kuku shots. =D But some of them are really super unglam so I'm not gonna post everything.
(By the way I totally am not uploading to blogger because by the time I'm done I would have graduated from Uni already. So I'm linking from photobucket instead. Trust me, it is like 6 times faster. In the same time I usually take to upload 10 photos to blogger, I finished uploading 56 to photobucket. Some more blogger can only do 5 at a time, and each one you have to search for the file one by one. Photobucket can just choose an entire folder and everything goes. =D Try that next time you guys need to mass upload.)
Alright... so where shall we begin?
Okay, the pool shots then. First scene in the burning afternoon. The major problem for the pool shots (and other scenes also) was Gwen's tendency to squint. It was worse cos of the BRIGHT BRIGHT sun that day. Even I had to squint too.

Gwen with squinty eyes.
Howie: Gwen, stop squinting!!!
.
.
.
.
.
20 photos later....
.
.
.
.

Hahaha!!
Howie: Gwen, if you keep squinting I'm going to have to make you take off your shirt. *thinks that all frenchman will be happier shirtless and thus maybe Gwen will stop frowning*

STILL squinting.

Still miserable.
*Gives up*
When my turn came, Howie got smart and decided to make me wear sunnies. =D

Smart, uh? =D I squinted all I want and didn't get tortured like Gwen did. *beams*
After the pool shots...

Nah! Just kidding only la. AS IF we were allowed to slack. This was part of the shoot too. Haha I had my seat aaaall the way down. Comfy.
Okay, here are some random shots of the pool:

If you are REALLY observant, you will realise something - that the condensation on the glass is higher than the juice inside. Guess why? Cos some mad girl secretly stole a sip. =D Hmm... I wonder who that mad girl is? I think no one found out. *wide grin* Or maybe they knew but decided to let me off. Haha! Aiya actually it is just one glass out of many:

Just that they happened to choose the one I sipped from to be nearest to the camera. Suay la. Evidence of thieving still kena caught on cam. =( But I think no one will be as observant as me...! Anyway, it was a hot day ok! Even the wooden seats were burning.

Put this pic up cos I found it interesting. Notice how the poles and trees tilt in from both sides? I guess it must be some strategy to make the restaurant look bigger. Hmph! Cheaterbugs. Deceive people only.

I like those front-clear-back-blur effects.
Okay. Part 2! The restaurant. Tsk tsk. Gwen was the cause of most of the NGs la! *shakes head*


And just when we solved the sticky-out neck problem....

Okay, so he's BOTH squinting and sticky-out neckish. =/
THEN he started to get distracted:


Cannot take it liao. Burst out in laughter straight into the camera. Oops. My turn to NG. =(
And once more:

I look way too happy and Gwen looks pervertic... so... major NG.
Finally we settled down quietly (almost like little kids) and decided to be civil.

But Gwen wasn't smiling enough...

Finally!! Success!!! So hard to squeeze a smile out of the frenchman. Haha... After that everything went smoothly and things got better. But this post is for candid pics so shan't upload those here.
Part 3! Hotel room shots.
This time around, we didn't NG much - it was the setting and the crew that gave trouble. I only NG-ed once here:

Not fair cos I was startled by something off camera okay...! =X

The silly window was reflecting all the crew and the messy equipment hidden behind the camera. Seriously, the entire floor was a mess of who-knows-what, and the gigantic light-umbrella thingy was poking everyone in the eye.. and all that is shown on the glass la.


In the end that portion was edited out I guess. Howie decided to take closer shots to avoid the window. Those were more successful.

Found another front-clear-back-blur pic! =D

Front-blur-back-clear!

Another one...

I didn't touch the wine. I swear!! I hate alcohol of any form. Dunno why the condensation is higher though. Must be Gwen la.

This one more zai... Front-and-back-blur-&-middle-clear. =D
We moved on to a corner of the room, where Gwen started his squinting thingy again. And for some reason, his off camera character is always goofy and happy, but under the cam he just squints and refuses to smile. -.- Frenchman trying to act shuai... zzz So many NGs...

Squint squint!!!

He's squinting so hard it almost looks like a frown. LOL...

OMG! Did you see that?? He actually smiled! A little! Oh gosh that's such a historic moment la. *claps* But it wasn't obvious enough... And JUST WHEN we managed to get a shot of him smiling properly in the next pic....

*points to unsightly leg sticking outta the side. Unglamness la!! Have to cut out his hairy leg. Actually, on second thought, I prefer him smile-less. When he smiles he just looks like a pervertic ah-pek...
Next part! Restaurant number 2.

The piece of meat is bloody. Ew. I'm so not cut out for such food. I prefer my fish porridge from the coffeeshop.

I like this pic better cos can see more boats.
Anyway, the NGs here were once again mostly from Gwen. Lol!! He's like a child who needs to be pampered.
Even from a random testing shot taken during the peparation, the UNSIGHTLY thing can already be seen:

I think Gwen changed his shoes to run off somewhere... then came back and happily settled down like that, in his flip flops. >.< I mean... who wears flip-flops to a restaurant?! Ok, so maybe he does it in real life, but...!


Howie noticed the flip flops and decided to angle the flip flops out. The sky was getting dark and we were losing light very fast. No time to wait for Gwen to hunt for his God-knows-where shoes...

His dish was Goose liver. Yucks man. I didn't realise it at first. Such a twisted dish.
I think Gwen sipped some of the wine... (He seems to be there for the food only. -.-)and he looks drunk here! =D

Drunk dude.
Then, Howie told Gwen to start attacking his food, WHILE I WATCHED. =(

Then, I remembered that his dish was GOOSE LIVER.



And Howie decided to portray the love clearer by forcing us to hold hands. Biiiig mistake, cos we turned giggly and were giving painful looks at each other.


If I didn't remember wrongly, we sort of gave up in the end. LOL!! Oops. We are totally laoya candidates for the job... =/
Okay, that's about all. No more liao. The other shots are either successful shots or too unglam to be posted.
BUT BUT BUT... Shall end the post with some really nicely taken scenic shots taken after this restaurant bit was done, and just as the sun started to disappear.












Mesmerizing, uh? Now I feel like being a photographer so that I can bluff other people too. And of course, play around with the back-blur-front-clear stuff.
Oya!! Just realised I forgot about the gym shots...
Ah heck. There were hardly any NGs there because Gwen wasn't in it. Then more serious also.
Alrights.. I'm finally done. Had to do this post in two separate sittings. My tummy still hurts a bit from the laughing. =/

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home