Last Blading Lesson - SUPER DUPER OUCH
Just took the most mother@$&;%#$#@ painful shower of my entire lifetime.
To sum it up:
I've skinned both my knees.
I've scratched a fresh wound on my left elbow, which had barely healed from 2 weeks ago.
I've scratched away the scab from my right elbow which was still healing.
I've fallen on both butts, creating fresh scratches on the left and opening up new ones on the right.
I've skinned a couple of my knuckles.
I've got a light scratch on my left cheek.
I have but one word: OUCH.
When the water started gushing over me I was like... I dunno. It all stung so bad that I didn't even know how to react. And when I started soaping... omg. The shower hurt like hell la. I avoided all my wounds but they still stung anyway.
You must be thinking: What are gears for?
The problem with me is that I fall in so many different ways and sometimes so hard that the gears just get dragged off their position.
But blading was super fun, no doubt! Today was the 4th and last lesson with Sham and I was determined to conquer all the slopes that brought me down previously.
Went to the slope, slided down, fell.
Went back up, down, fell again.
I fell like 3/5 of the times I tried.
Seriously, I think my body is damn creative. Some of the ways that I fell, I couldn't have thought of myself.
For example, while practising on a particular slope that slants to the right at the end, I went down it, then towards the end, I kind of like fell sideways and backwards, and twisted 180 degrees on my right shoulder blade, with my entire body gliding on the ground. I dunno if you can imagine it, because I can't. Should have taped it down man. Damn. It was one of my more graceful falls. LOL!!! Another one was just dumb because I had actually finished the slope successfully, then I was slowing down, opening my mouth to say something to XM,then the next thing I knew I was flat on the ground. I still can't figure out what happened.
Actually while doing slopes Sham did take a video of me once to let me see what on earth I was doing wrong. What I saw was just myself going down, then sitting on my butt next. -.-
In contrast with the first lesson when I would inspect every small scratch I get, now I fall so often that I've totally lost count. After I fall I will kind of freeze for 2 seconds in whatever position I'm in, then get up, pat a bit on wherever hurts, and go back up the slope. Then after the whole lesson has ended I sat down and sadly looked for my wounds.
Tired. Shall continue blogging tml morning.
..............................................................................
Thursday Morning~
*yawn*... My knees stung even as I was falling asleep last night la... And after waking up my body is aching all over. Feels like I've had a full body workout yesterday. Even my tummy is full of lactic acid even though I don't think I use my tummy muscles when blading. I think. And my left cheek is slightly grazed. RAAWWR.
Ok, enough of complaining! Pics pics pics!








No strength to add witty captions or silly comments. But Sham says he seldom takes photos, and his idea of posing is to look AWAY from the camera with an amused and bored look... so there. =)
XM finally got her chance to eat Sham's tofu! =D During previous lessons Sham and I kept falling all over each other. Really over each other, like flat PIAK on the ground kind, and face to face. And each time, XM, who has a fetish for him, turned GREEEEN. Then for this lesson XM tried a new, particularly steep slope WHICH FACED THE SEA, so if she loses control she will totally shoot into the sea for an afternoon swim. So Sham and I was at the bottom waiting. The slope is actually really short, like 5 metres, but steeper than other slopes we've tried. So while Sham and I was facing her I made signals to her to say " TAKE YOUR CHANCE!! FALL ALL OVER HIM!!" I even told her in chinese (Cos Sham is malay) "Last chance!!" Sham was like bugging me about what I just shouted but I kept mum. =D
And yea. She got what she wanted! =D She went down the slope and Sham caught her! =D But she STILL complained, saying stuff like I had more body contact etc etc. -.- Woman. But I still LOVE teasing her. For e.g. during the lesson, each time I fell, Sham will be full of concern la. Then he will do sweet stuff like kneel down to adjust my gears, tighten them, and even brush dirt off my legs. Then each time I will quietly look over to give a 'victory' sign to XM, who will be fuming away. Haha! LOL! Too bad I'm not the one with the fetish for him.
I'll miss all these crappy silly stuff from blading lessons, definitely.
Blading rocks!
For those of you who are keen on blading, if you're still enthu after reading about my wounds, then you are really brave. =) Then again, if you just blade normally on flat ground and avoid attacking slopes like I did, I don't think there will be much injuries, especially if you fall the right way...
Anyway I might be working... again. But if I work that leaves me with no time to do what I want... *points to checklist in previous post*. So, I'm kinda unsure. Shall clean my room a little now. My table is an earthquake zone now. *winces in pain*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home