Monday, June 02, 2008

Things to achieve / learn

Here's a list of some things I really wanna learn / achieve before I go to Uni! Which means within the next 2 months. Whether I can make it or not might be another story...


1) Swimming!
*shame-o-meter 7.5/10*
Must get rid of my hydrophobia. Stupid memories of near-drowning experience. *erase erase... rase.. ase.. se.. e...* This one can be done either at my colleague's condo's swiming pool (before she moves house) or through a swimming course. Anytime you're ready, Aggie!! But I gotta get a swimsuit first cos the only one in my house is neon pink with flowers. NO KIDDING. My mom bought that for me 3 years ago for OBS. Thank God it was jellyfish season then so it was too dangerous to go into the water. Thus I never needed to use it during OBS. WHEW. I think learning to swim confidently will probably take me over a month. So I'd better start quick!


2) Cycling!
*shame-o-meter 9.9/10*
Pls don't gasp. Ah well, this one can be done at East Coast in one hour or two. Plus probably a broken head to boot. Maybe I'll learn it when I'm blading there another day. Pls don't spread that I dunno how to cycle hor. Because soon it will be false. HEH!


3) Blading!
I'm talking about proper blading, meaning going fast and conquering slopes, and being undeterred by bumps and twigs lying around. And going gear-less with confidence. *rubs wounds in agony* This might take some time. Hopefully I'll be done before uni starts. *Gets ready for intense blading practices with Zhang Yuan and/or Xiong Mao.*

4) Yoga!
Er. ZY's idea. But I'm kinda excited at the thought. I mean, We've always heard so much about the good stuff yoga brings. Health, flexibility, calmness, etc. No harm trying! I wanna be more flexible pls. I wanna learn to split!! Ok so maybe the split part may take a year... But I intend to do dance in uni, so that can wait.

5) Abs!
Okay, I don't mean abs really. I think gals with abs are scary. I mean more like getting my tummy area to feel more firm can already. Heh. <-- That was a skeptical laugh. =P I know it might be quite difficult, cos I'm always very lazy. I'll always promise myself to do 100 crunches before I sleep, then I'll be so sleepy and I'll say to myself, "Aiya, I'll make up for it tomorrow.. ..zzzz...". =( Perseverance, YT! Dream of the day when you can bounce a coin off ur tummy. LOL!! Reminds me of the old army days when the recruits have to straighten their bedsheets till a coin can bounce on it. I tried bouncing a coin on my bedsheet but it didn't work leh. Although it is already very straight. Hmm. Wonder why. Must be more taut, I guess. My bedsheet is too saggy le.

6) Touch-typing
I'd better learn this skill because I bet it's going to be useful in Uni and for work in the future. And for blogging! =) And of course, for multi-chatting on msn. Dam, I tried to download msn into this laptop of my brother's but it just keeps shutting down the moment I open the folder. Mad. *patiently waits for new laptop for uni* But learning this is going to take a hell lot of patience and time though. And hours of staring into the computer screen.

7) Running!
I wanna get back into shape! Into pre-A levels shape. I haven't been running for so long that I don't even know my 2.4 km timing now. I'm almost too scared to know. Later take damn long then I'll be demoralised. Okay, maybe I'll start off by pacing myself at 2 minutes per round. So will be 12min. Maybe I'll give myself extra half a minute's buffer time. Hopefully I can maintain that. *prays* Then slowly slooooowly try to cut down to 11m 15s. Yikes. Think of all the number of rounds I have to run. But think also of the shiok feeling that I'll get if I manage to hit my target! That overrides everything else.


That was a long list. Probably too ambitious, kinda. But looking closely at it, the individual items are not difficult. It's not like I'm going to climb Mount Everest or learn to fly a plane, or rid the earth of poverty. These are small, selfish, personal, easily achievable things. Dependent solely on my time management and perseverance. And also a good test of my old friend Mr. Procrasinator. When uni starts, I'm going to look at this checklist again and see how far I've come.

Also, one more checklist! This is for slightly more long-term. To be done over 4 years at university or after.

Dance!
I've already made up my mind. I don't really care if I have to work with bitchy dancers who are 1000 times better than me. I wanna start delving into dance simply because listening to music with your body stationary is just unnatural. So it will be dance in NTU for me. I also intend to bug Kumar (the super funny guy in the previous post) to teach me! He used to do dance in his sec school days. Performed in community centres and for Mediacorp too. So once again I'm gonna make use of my friends. =) *halo quivers above head, threatening to leave*

Languages!
Linguistics and Multilingual studies in NTU require us to pick up at least one new language. I have enough credits to do 2 languages and one minor, so I'm aiming for Jap and French! These are common languages so I'm sure it will be very useful in the future. I hope to be able to spend a term in either country to hone whatever I've learnt. Or, better still, to do the course over there cos I'm sure surrounding yourself with people who speak the language will make learning much faster and easier. Hopefully I will be able to return to RSYC and speak to Gwen and Soe in French!!! AHAHA!! *dreams* Can flirt with French / Jap guys and scold other people in french and Jap! Shuang!! Haha no la I'm not so bitchy one. My main aim is to know the language so that I'll be more marketable in the future, and I'll be able to make friends from everywhere! And also to be able to order from French menus without sounding like a goon... Maybe I'll practise more of Malay too since Malay is so easy to learn and it is the 2nd most common language here... Oh no I think I sound greedy. Like I want both quality and quantity. Tsk tsk. Greed will be the cause of my downfall...

Driving Licence
I'm thinking about a car licence AND... a bike licence. Shh! I don't think my parents will approve... because even when my brother learnt (when do you use learned and when do you use learnt??) the bike, he had to do it secretly and now even after years of him riding the bike, they still worry. Cos his tyres are always getting punctured. It didn't help that one of his friends passed away last year cos he got into a bike incident. O.o Scary. But I'm SO tempted after my virgin pillion ride with Kumar!!! So shuang to weave between vehicles. And the shiok feeling around bends... priceless!! But it costs about 1k to learn. Ah well. That's why this is under the catergory of "during uni and after". =)

ZY, you sick canadian girl, I know what you're looking for! You're searching for 'clubbing, tatto-ing and belly-piercing' right?!?! I've made up my mind... No one aint gonna put no hole in my body for the next 10 years. Not even ear piercing. So yup. I can accompany you to pierce your tummy... but count me out!! I want every gram of my flesh. I already left like 1kg of my skin and flesh on the east coast park pavements after scraping myself everywhere... I want every gram of my remaining flesh!! Although I don't mind losing weight but this isn't the way ya? Tattoo-ing is even less possible than belly piercing simply because a tattoo, although more common, is permanent. At least if I regret piercing my tummy all I have to do is to remove it and it'll be gone in a week. A tattoo is much more expensive and troublesome to remove. Some more the removal isn't always complete. Sometimes a faded version remains on your skin. Ugly. Also, no clubbing simply because I can't stand smoking and drinking. Even the mere smell makes me feel disgusted. So many different people have been bugging me or asking me about clubbing - Soe, Kumar, Xiong Mao, and ZY. But I said no, no, and no to all. I told Kumar that if he wants me to go clubbing with him he will have to find a club that doesn't have alcohol. He says we will have to go to some club for kids. -.- Or maybe we will have to stick to RSYC. Haha!!!

So there. The verdict is I want my body to be in one piece, and I will not step into a club. Unless they serve iced milo. =P Maybe I'll change my mind during uni! But for now I'm a good girl. Now let's get to completing the first checklist first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home