Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Expenses-free lifestyle

The greatest achievement I did for the past week was... *drumroll*... to go by the week without spending a single cent!! MWAHAHAHA! I'm so proud of myself for being able to stick to my resolution! =D Plus I know that if I keep $ in my wallet, I'll be tempted to spend , so I emptied my wallet. So I went around for 1 week with 55 cents in my wallet! YAY! Although a couple of times I was really close to withdrawing $ to buy something or the other (usually impulse gifts, or something tasty). But I hung on! *grins* I can't remember going by for so long without spending.

I bet you all are dying to know the secret to my success!

*laughs like a wise master (the kind who lives in a temple on top of a moutain for hundreds of years and civilians who want to be a disciple must climb for months to reach him)*

*strokes beard thoughtfully*

Erm, actually, it is nothing difficult. For me anyway. Since I'm working almost everyday and having tuition on most days after work, during work days I have no problem staying away from spending. My 2 off days are Wed and Thu. On Wed I'll be blading, and I don't have to pay for borrowing the blades (Hee hee! Don't tell you why.). Then on the other off day, which I will sometimes change to another day, I'll usually be busy doing or attending something else that I couldn't do all week because of work.

A typical work days goes like this:

Wakes up at 6.30 to the sound of my phone alarm. The music I chose for the alarm is "Bouncy Bouncy Smack Smack" by Don & Drew. BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME, I chose that song because it starts with a tense beat, then the scary "ah-ah" sounds begins. It is effective in waking me because the moment I hear the tense beat, I'll hurry to my table to switch it off because I don't want to hear the "ah-ah" sounds so early in the morning. Usually I will be 1 or 2 secs too late and the "ah" sound comes out anyway. -.-

And then I'll go back to sleep.

-.-"''''''

Maybe I should change the alarm to a really nice song that I like so I'll stay awake to hear the song. But of course must be an upbeat song, or else I'll just doze off again. Or I might chose to follow my brother, who has a SCREECHING alarm tone that just gets louder and louder and makes your hair shrink back into their pores , never to appear again.

Anyway I'll go back to sleep and wake up at 6.45am. Naturally. Then I'll go back to sleep and wake up at 7am. I think I have an internal biological snooze alarm of 15 minutes.

I'll change and pack my stuff. BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME, I don't shower in the mornings unlike JC times NOT because I've become dirtier, but because I always get home and shower at about 10+ the night before, and I don't want to over-shower. The only time I showered in the morning was on April Fools' Day, when I had my first-ever dose of birdie poop all over my hair and shoulders. Yarks. Why must I remind myself???

I'll leave the house at 7.30. I'll walk fast fast for 15mins to CCK MRT, reach Clementi MRT at 8, then take the company shuttle bus to work.

Then I'll reach my workplace and work till about noon. Usually I'll go over to the cafeteria to eat. Other times the food is just so bad I'll just give up. For the past few months, we sometimes order delivery, and usually my boss will pay, but other times I'll pay. Sometimes we would also order for all the guys outside. About 11 of them. And that really gets me broke for a good long while. Plus, last month there were several birthdays and random events and formal dinners which resulted in HEAVY spending. On the contrary, this month is quieter. = less expenditure! Usually, I'll always get free food from random members anyway, so sometimes I'm spared from having to eat the cafeteria food. (There's also something else I wanna say about the cafeteria food, but I'll leave that for another post.) (There's also ALOT to say/bitch/gossip about certain rude/pervertic/rich members, but I'll leave that for another post too.)

After work I'll either rush off for tuition or go back home.

-NIL- expenses incurred!

Plus each time I go to tuition I have a sense of satisfaction because I know I'm going home 50 bucks richer.

Ah well. Today I'll be breaking my momentum of non-spending because today is a Wed and Wed means spending!!

=D This probably won't last long because the past week I've also been reviving several long-lost friendships. Zhang Yuan returned from Canada, I'm dying to meet up with Ying Cheng from primary school, etc etc. Equals lots of lunches and dinners and movies and presents. But also lots of fun!! =D =D All worth it!

Last night had tuition till 9. Had a REALLY fun time laughing at/with my tutee again. I kept complaining to him that his table lamp has this burning smell and that it was probably going to explode in my face sooner or later.

Note: I use formal English when explaining concepts or teaching English ok! I only use Singlish durng informal convo, cos I wanna train him to be able to code-switch. Singlish is lovable and shouldn't be discouraged. =D

Me: Wa lao, 为什么你的 table lamp 有一个怪怪的味道的??
WJ: Aiya, 每次这样的啦, 习惯 liao.
Me: HAH?? 每次这样? Then 你们不会怕 meh?!
WJ: 不会啦. 每次这样的.
Me: Then 那个 table lamp 爆炸在我的脸怎么办??
WJ: (Starts laughing) Aiya, 不会爆炸的啦!!
Me: 我不管 lor. I tell you, 我们 on 20 minutes 然后 off 5 minutes 让它 cool down. Ok?
WJ: (laughs and gives me this "are-you-serious??" look.) Har??
Me: 还不快点 off! 等一下爆炸你才懂 lor.
WJ: (乖乖 switches it off)
Me: *mumbles* 你们一家人很奇怪 lor, 灯都要爆炸 liao 都不管. 你最好跟你妈讲.
WJ: 我妈已经懂 liao.
Me: HAR?!?! Then 她也不管??
WJ: *shrugs*
Me: Wah lao eh, 我懂 liao 啦! 你们一家人很 yin1 xian3 la! 家里一大堆陷阱 lor. 千方百计要干掉我! 我每次来这里都有生命危险 lor.
WJ: (Gives an incredulous look) 哪里有???
Me: 那次不是把我 lock 在家里?? 不懂谁出门把锁匙拿走, 害我不能回家, HAR? 害我还要叫 WX 打电话给你爸爸叫他回来开门...!
WJ: 那个不是我! 是我妹妹!!
Me: 还有 leh? 那次不是不懂放什么在地上, 害我踢到! 很痛 leh!
WJ: Har... 那个我不懂...
Me: (Shakes head in disappointment.) 你最好跟我写 spelling for 你的 science 的字! Thirty times each!
Me: (Starts writing out a list of words e.g. oesophagus, alimentary canal, etc)
WJ: (Looks at me with wide eyes.)Har?? Twenty la...
Me: (Shoots a stern glare) THIRTY!!!
WJ: (pouts and mumbles) Thirty 就 thirty lor...
Me: Ok, 你可以 on 哪个 table lamp liao.

Haha! Damn funny la! In the end he wrote but he had such bad handwriting that halfway through his writing he started writing the wrong spelling. Misread his own 'e' as 'o' =.="""

Tired liao. Once again I'm blogging randomly and going out of point. Ok I go shower le. Have to meet XL for blading at 11.30...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home