Sunday, June 01, 2008

Super Sunday!

Yesterday was damn fun!

Let's see... it was supposed to be just Church in the morning with Boonie and ZY then blading with ZY straight after, then tuition. But I suddenly got an unexpected virgin pillion ride today!

Service at that Church (not gonna say which one or I might just get sued or something. You never know with public blogs nowadeays...) was kind of, um... lacking in effect? Unlike other services that I've attended, which usually moves me at least to some degree, this time the service was pretty... I dunno. It felt more like a presentation than a heartfelt thing. The pastor wasn't very engaging. Anyway who am I to judge? I'm not even a Christian.
ZY kept laughing at Boonie cos she finds him small and cute. -.- Ooooooooookay? (The ghost of Mitina lives in me! ^.^) She also kept stiffling her laughter at the pastor during the worship... (She thinks he is very funny.....???) Initially I was like O.o when she kept vibrating in her seat but her sense of humour was just too contagious. Soon I was smiling for no reason as well. -.- Think we might have annoyed some people. Anyway I guessed Boonie sensed that the worship wasn't having an effect on me (unlike previous times), so I guess I'll be moving on to another Church with him on another Sunday. Don't get me wrong - I did try my best to listen closely to the service message... But I guess today isn't my day. Unlike other services which moved me to tears, today was just... passing time. Yes, I know there's a lot of ellipsis in this para.

Also, met Boonie's friend, who happens to have accepted linguistics and rejected NUS FASS like me! Lol. Coincidence uh? Future classmate, so better gao2 hao3 guan1 xi1.

Went East Coast to blade. Fell once and scraped my knuckles. Btw, the old wounds on my elbow and thigh just got worse. I guess after a few days the blood started flowing and segregating in one area... which is why purple and reddish areas are appearing. Yucks man I think I look diseased.

Here's the elbow right now. It turned kinda yellow and purplish.


Lousy camera can't capture well. I'm so sorry, I'm always posting disgusting pictures here. -.- But when I am 50 years old, toothless and haggard, and only have strength to read my old blog posts, I don't just want to read about the good things that happened to me while I was 18. That way I'll just feel depressed that those good times are lost forever. I want to post some stuff to scare my 50 yr old self so that I will be grateful that I'm 50 and 10 times less wild. So, if you are the 50 year old Yuan Ting reading this, HI THERE!!! This is the 18 year old Yuan Ting!! Please don't be upset that you're 50 and toothless. Look through all the horrible wounds that you endured when you were 18. Aren't you glad that you're now a quiet old lady with a much more peaceful life? Now get off this com and get some exercise! It will do your 50 year old frame some good.

Okay. That was crappy. Although it sort of makes sense that you might want to prepare a message for the future you, when you grow old and look back at your blog posts. By the way the green thing in the pic is the cotton bud thingy that I use to dig out fallen eyelashes / mascara bits from my eyes. Useful!

Went to mac after blading and decided to capture some memories! Haha.. Or else once again she will return to Canada without any pictures to remember us by. CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN!! At least in Canada she can still kope pics off my blog. =D Okay la, this time I'm not censoring cos I'm wearing a cap. Which looks not as bitchy. And also cos I'm getting used to the curtain le.


Dam the ugly wound can be seen. Anyway that's ZY's sunglasses. Not mine. I'm not a Canadian chick! Also just realise that my hair looks dyed. I think cos under the sun then all brown brown le. Tsk. Unhealthy hair.


Managed to hide the wound successfully!


The happy girl refused to follow my pose. I guess peace signs are too boring for canadians. =D Double thumbs up!


Returned her the sunglasses. Happy girls!


ZY wanted a picture with a view of the sea so we disturbed ths man to help us take. I'm jealous. I should have worn black in spite of the sun. Blue makes me look fatter. Shit!


Zhang Yuan I know you're reading this. See la! Act sexy uh! Tsk tsk. Me good girl. Arms behind my back.


Anyway ZY pang-sehed me in the end because she received a call from her mom. Apparently the fridge in her house broke down and her mom called for a repairman. Then her mom is scared so she asked ZY to go home to accompany her to wait for the repairman. O.o Ah well. I know it's better to be safe than sorry, but in broad daylight I don't think anything serious will happen la.. Anyway I don't think it's healthy to be so cynical and suspicious.. Haha. But nvm! Her mom very demure and funny one. Easy to be bullied I guess. So it's better to be wary.

After she pang-sehed me I was all ready to go home and shower and go out for tuition again. But I checked my phone and saw 3 missed calls from Kumar! Haha I thought the guy had disappeared off the face of the earth after he left RSYC. I remember he still wanted to bring me out to try on dresses because he wanted to buy a dress for his girlfriend in America. Her girlfriend is Chinese! Haha. Mixed couples are cute. Anyway it turned out that he was supposed to go towning with his bunch of friends but suddenly one guy need to book in, then another girl dunno dunno what, so he was left with nothing to do. He decided to hang out with RSYC people, so he called up Diyanah and Zeina at the office but both of them were working and not free after work. So he tried me but I didn't pick up my phone even after 3 calls cos I was happily blading away. =) HEY I JUST REALISED THAT I WAS THE THIRD CHOICE. *grumbles*

And so I got my virgin pillion ride!!! Okay, I think I very suah ku. I was so freaked out at first la. I got stung a little by the very hot metal thingy when I was getting on. Clumsy me as usual. It gave a very different high from rollerblading. Shuang! The helmet a bit too big. When he goes fast I thought my helmet is going to fly off soon. But he told me to pull down the clear plastic thingy and it got much better. Although it still feels very heavy. Sometimes the bike jerks when it hits something on the ground. And when the bike turns... WOOOOTS! The whole bike goes slanted la! I think screamed so high pitched that no sound came out... and I squeezed his tummy until like concave already.. -.- Girls if you want a flat tummy go get a motorbike and a group of scaredy cats. And bring them on pillion rides one by one. By the end of the day all your fats will all be squeezed out. Even more effective than all those heating or needles or hot spa crap. =D



We reached Orchard finally! All the way from Jurong East. He parked illegally, like many other motorbikers. Heehee. Remember this now because later on got part two. *sly grin* He reluctantly posed for me. Funny Kumar! Can see he can't be bothered to entertain my childishness cos he didn't even look at the cam! *grrr*

At this point got some marching thingy going on, complete with trumpet blowing etc. He called his friend to ask what was going on and it seems that the president changed guard. Or something. He changes guards every month so every month got something like that. Dunno la. Took a video of the grand marching.

After the thing marched past we went to get tix. Wanted to watch Sex and the City. But no good spaces left so we opted for Indiana Jones. Almost had no seats left also. Sunday is seriously busy man!! The seats were ALL full, save for some couple seats at the very back. I think they cost more. But paying a bit more gets you MUCH more comfort and space la. Anyway he was gentleman enuff to pay for everything. See la! 16/06 don't even have a single guy who is like that luh. I think.


Went to eat the Taiwan 'mee sua' thingy before the movie! OMG I haven't tasted that for SO LONG! Good food. The poor guy is sick and coughing so he couldn't take gassy drinks.

The movie was good! Totally reminded me of national treasure though. Some parts got me panicking like siao and other parts I was laughing and laughing. Although it seemed like I was the only one laughing in the theatre. Oops. I have a weird sense of humour. =D Anyway the ending was predictable. Kinda. But the downside was the theatre was FREEZING COLD la. They really think it will enhance the atmosphere and make us feel like we're there in the cold waters with the actors. -.- Was really shivering la!

After that wanted to go Soup Spoon to eat. But couldn't find the shop. So lousy la. Ended up at some dunno what coffee thing. I don't drink coffee so we ordered hot chocolate. -.- Lame la. He ended up eating 3/4 of both plates of food. Talked for damn long till I was tired and yawning away. Waaaay past my bedtime.

On the way back to his bike he snatched my visor then I made him try to look girly with it. -.- HE FAILED BADLY. We are so secondary-school-ish la! Long time never so childish already. Maybe hot Chocolate gets people high.

*Hides ah lian fringe*

When I was giving the farewell visit to RSYC I was grumbling that I didn't manage to take pics with Robat, Gwen and Kumar. So now one down, 2 to go!

On the ride home I was getting used to pillion riding and was a little sleepy. AND he told me not to squeeze his tummy so hard because he just ate. So I actually dozed off a little. LOL! Dangerous la. While I was dozing off the poor guy was coughing away. And he has work the next day while I can sleep till late. O.o But I don't feel guilty. =D *halo disappears* OYA!!! I almost forgot about part 2 of the parking story. He got a summon for being naughty and parking his bike there. Oops! It was his second one after 2 years of riding. 60 bucks. I told him to just pretend that we went for 3 more movies. =P All the other bikes in the area also received the summon. I bet the traffic police guy was so happy la. Cos got A LOT of bikes there. I think he must have reached his quota for the rest of the year liao. -.- Anyway Kumar was pretty okay with it. Took it in his stride. Oops though.

Had a great time catching up with him!! I thought he would be another one of those fading people. But it's good to know that friendships do last if people take the time and effort. The poor guy misses his girlfriend badly. He's so sweet la, gonna get a Goldheart bracelet and carve their names on it, then send over to the states to his girl. He also recently spent 50 bucks on a GIGANTIC card and another 22 bucks sending it over. Card big = lots to write.

Mad indian guy!

And speaking about fading friends, isn't it high time we have a 16/06 outing soon? Quick, before Uni swallows us whole!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home