Thursday, December 29, 2005

May I complain, please?

I've met so many crappy people that I want to list them down so that I'll remember how nasty they were in order to better appreciate the nice people around me. =D

Moron 1:

Someone from Wheelock Place's Marks and Spencer called to check stock. It was a turquoise pyjamas, in size 14 (the colour is stupidly replaced by "mint"). Fine. I found it and asked her to ask if the customer there wants to reserve it. After some time, the person on the line said no, thank you, the customer does not want to reserve the item, but will be coming to Centrepoint later on.

After I hung up I realised how wierd it was that the customer did not want to reserve the item as by rights I would have to put it back on the rack and it might be "coped" by someone else. As I was walking back to display the item my silly supervisor passed by and I said something along the lines of "Eh, got this customer very funny, check stock le then never reserve." She said, "Aiyah, they don't want to reserve then don't reserve lor."

So I put it back on display.

In the afternoon, the customer arrived. The minty thingy in size 14 was gone. The customer got pissed. Then she was asked, "Did you make a reservation?" She had the guts to say, "No, BUT I assumed that it would be put aside for me since I said that I would be coming over soon." I felt darn pissed off at that point.

I mean, doesn't the word RESERVING = PUTTING ASIDE FOR A CUSTOMER??? So she was blaming me because I did not "put it aside for her", which I did not do BECAUSE she refused my offer to do so!!! How frigging moronic and qian bian is that? Everyone in my department agreed that that lady is a moron (behind her back of course). She left her number so that we can call her if we find the minty thing, then she left. So I had to hunt around the fitting rooms for that minty thing, which is not exactly an easy job because there are 8 giant bags of 'tried but not hanged' clothes, mostly ladieswear, that customers had dumped for us, and I can't stand the crap of having to dig through all that. By luck I found it in the end, and Mary called the customer. The moron had just left Centrepoint. She made a reservation so that she can pick it up next time, SOMETHING THAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DARN WELL DONE THE FIRST TIME ROUND. *faints*

Moron 2:

The phone rang. I picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this the HR department?"

"Er, no, this is the lingerie department."

"Oh, I am very annoyed because I have tried to get in the TOILETRIES DEPARTMENT 6 TIMES AND I HAVE NOT GOTTEN THROUGH! I WAS TRANSFERED FIRST TO THE MENSWEAR, THEN TO THIS LADY CALLED DOROTHY, THEN MY CALL GOT HUNG UP WHILE IT WAS STILL RINGING!!!"

I hurriedly put the phone away from my ear because, trust me, she was LOUD. I was already feeling pissed off as the whole selling floor is in a mess, turning into abstract art, and I did not have time to deal with toiletry stuff. I also did not appreciate being screamed at for doing nothing wrong.

She wanted to check stock for some funny shower gel. She also told me that she wanted the manager of the toiletries department to talk to her. I rushed down to level one to look for Kaye but, luck of all lucks, he was having his lunch break. I hurried hopefully to the staff canteen but her was not there. So I dashed to the toiletries counter and got some help to find the stupid shower gel.

I found it, told the lady on the line that the manager was out and her shower crap is in stock, then I got yelled at and STILL had to nicely reserve it for her.

If I ever see you I shall pour the whole bottle of shower gel on you and give you the nicest-smelling shower you've ever had.

And guess what? The item was reserved under that lady's name, "Mrs Siao". WAHAHAHA. What an appropriate name.

Moron 3:

This one involved doing measurements, which I hate. I measured a fat (caucasian) lady's bra size and she doubted me. I got told off by her husband, who talked to me as if I was a total idiot, like "Do you know what this means?" And talking so darn slowly and staring at me as if I was a moron, which HE is. Since he doubted me, we got a more experienced Eunice to do another measurement. She said roughly the same thing, a 40 DD. It turned out that the woman was a whole stinking shocking 40 G. The pissed couple refused to listen to us and went off. Stinking pigs.

Eunice later told me that our measurements were off because her *ahems* were succumbing to gravity and thus all the mass is flattened downwards. For some reason that gave me a lot of satisfaction. WAHAHAHA!

Ok enough of wailing and complaining. To be honest, these 3 are just a handful of the total number of morons I've met, but the morons are just a handful of the customers I've met. Most are quite nice really. I've been called "darling", "dearie", "dear", etc, so many times and been thanked so many times and been praised so many times... Sometimes I'm so flattered that I just want to melt into the ground in happiness. :D

P.S. Ira and Seri thanks for dropping by... You guys cheered me up a bit with your presence LOL. When you guys came I was still looking for the mint thingy. Haha.

P.S.S. To boon, gina, cuilan, sarah and jh, I had a good time yesterday... really cheered up as I was a bit down over Zhang Yuan leaving... Thanks guys!

I feel so satisfied having spat out all the crap, well, most of it anyway. YEAH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home