Bah. Long post.
Hmm. It's 1 am now, got home abt 2 hrs ago. The only reason i'm staying up so late is because I am off work tomorrow, wohoho. Shall sleep like a pig.
Well, let's talk about the pros and cons of me job.
The great things about the job:
1: It is very professional, much better than the jobs I applied for before (which never replied anyway). You get a locker, a check-in-check-out-sliding-thingie-card, and a tiny canteen which is actually just a room. LOL.
2: The people there, at least those I know, are really nice. Even from other departments, when we pass each other at the lockers we greet and complain and crap.
3: The pay is... reasonable. I guess. Considering the fact that I still don't know how much I'll get, I'm really guessing. Probably about $1200 bah, but I think sales will be Guuuud so I'm praying to get more. I'm greedy. :)
4: I am enlightened on how difficult it is to work, especially when you have to continue grinning at a person whom you are annoyed with.
5: I thought I'll be looonely, but Estella is also working at Centrepoint! At Royal Sporting House. Heehee, when we found each other (reminds me of some song lyrics... hmm which song is it...?) the other one will be too busy, LOL.
6: The Senior Supervisor is darn funny. I want to laugh when I think of her. Her actions very cute siah. She is thirty something, I think.
7: I use the 1hr 15mins travelling time to read and listen to music and think. I love it. Though sometimes I have to stand. Then again, I prefer standing sometimes. What am I saying...
Anyway, there are tons of bad stuff about work too, but I shall compress the point. :)
1: My frigging feet hurts like hell and heaven combined. It is better now lah. For some reason my left foot got used to the drilling but my right foot hasn't. Toot.
2: My department, in fact the whole of my floor of the store, has absolutely no guys.
Oh, wait, got one funny okay-looking guy, but he is frigging 40. Yea. Hoo baby. I'm not even talking about good-looking guys here. there are hardly any GUYS to begin with. Hmmph. And Estella's place is full of guys. What a world. The ladies in my department and the newbies next to us are really nice, but no matter what they are still females. Darn. Owell, you don't get everything you want in life.
3: I dislike makeup and cord shoes. That's exactly what I have to deal with for 3/4 of December. Superb.
4: The silly aunties in my department keep bugging me to be a model (cos of my height) and to go out with their sons. Yea, like, wahahaha!! I bet she doesn't even have a son. She's too worried about her specs falling off. Don't ask.
5: I have to work till 12 on some days. that means i'll probably get home, like, at 2? How lovely. lovely way to turn into a walking zombie. Well at ;east I'm not working night shifts like Christopher though, waha.
6: As I love arranging stuff, I enjoyed myself keeping the place neat and tidy. For the first few days. Then I got bored doing the same thing over and over again, cleaning up after inconsiderate people who buy 2 items and in the process mess up 35. And now I get irked whenever I see misplaced nightgowns, mixed-up boxes and hangers all about. Oh well, that's what fellow workers are for. To complain to each other. Believe me, they certainly can complain. I think they find it fun, wahahas.
(Sudden thought: Did I mention that my baby hamsters are growing black fur? I just realised that I have not seen them for one week, thanks to this crazy job. I miss them. Their mother is becoming dumber, by the way.)
7: I kept on messing up during the first few days. I didn't know how to write tax rebates, I messed up the boxes when I thought I was arranging them (long story) and I didn't know how to change measurements from inches to UK sizes. Heck , when a customer asked me where the food court was, I didn't even know! In fact i made so many dumb mistakes i don't even want to mention them. And I had to keep on referring customers to Katherine or Mary or Unis or Anita (fellow workers) because I know nuts about the products I'm selling. But now I'm happy lah. I'm still making mistakes, but not so dumb ones. I am even able to correct the mistakes of others! I must be learning good. ^^
8: The songs they play in the store is chao annoying. With lyrics like "I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus last night.", "Santa fell down my chimney", it is enough to drive anyone crazy, especially if you have to hear then over and over again, days and hours of it. I can't believethe singers agreed to sing those songs, And I can't believe some customers sing along to the songs. Wah lao. Yet... Guess what? A part of me is beginning to like the songs just a bit. -.-" If I have to listen to them I might as well like them, right? T_T" I'm so contradicting myself.
Sheep. My eyelids and sliding towards my nose.
Before I forget, let me post a warning: DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO STEAL STUFF FROM BIG COMPANIES LIKE DMK, ROBINSONS, BASICALLY ANYTHING IN A SHOPPING MALL. I you really have to, please go to those roadside stalls or something. I'm saying this not because I want to protect any company (Heck, who cares about it? I'm leaving in 20 days anyways. =X), but because on Thursday, an old woman got hauled off by the police (supposedly handcuff and all) for shoplifting. In fact I was serving her just before!!! She was guai-lanning me over some pants that don't have her size. I referred her to other types of pants and pyjamas, but she insisted that the quality was different. In the end she bought nothing and went to another area of the shop. Later on, Mary told me," You know, that old lady you were serving just now, she was caught stealing leh! Now she is in the canteen." Horrified yet excited, I dropped the wrapping paper I was rolling and made an excuse to take something from my locker. The canteen was just next to the lockers, so I peeped in and saw the old woman. Wah lao, damn sad. I feel so upset for her. So old already. Just today I heard from some people that she later threatened to kill herself if her family was informed. The funny girl who told me that said she was so frightened that she hid all the knives. Wahahah, so farni can? LOL. Anyway I really feel sorry for her lah. The manager (I think) refused to give her a chance. Wah lao. See lah, who ask her...
And guess what - today, ANOTHER woman was caught shoplifting. This one was not so old. So I didn't feel as much sympathy. Apparently she was a regular customer. Regular customer = regular thief. LOL. Sigh. I used to think that this kind of things don't happen often, but now I know better. SO TAKE MY ADVICE: DON'T EVER TRY ANYTHING FARNI IN SHOPPING CENTRES. THEY HAVE MICROSCOPIC CAMERAS ALL ABOUT, CONSTANTLY WATCHED BY GUARDS. AND THESE COMPANIES TOTALLY HATE SHOPLIFTERS BECAUSE THEY MAKE UP A HELL BIG PART OF THE PERCENTAGE OF LOSSES, SO THEY WILL NOT GIVE CHANCES, BE IT AN OLD LADY, A PREGNANT LADY WITH A CHILD (yes, really got a pregnant lady with a child kena caught here before.), MALE OR FEMALE, REGARDLESS OF RACE, LANGUAGE OR RELIGION.
By the way, I learned that security guards earn $50 for every shoplifter they catch. Yea, WTH??? Where got this kind of thing one... motivate the guards to catch people. Anyway I know I'm just rambling, so I shall refrain from torturing your ears, I mean eyes, any longer... It is currently 2a.m. How nice. I shall bid my hamsters good night and sleep like a pig. Oink. *Yawn*
P.S.My next post could be the next day, or the next week, or the next year. So, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year in advance.
Today, someone made me really happy. ^^ I love the world.
Make someone happy today. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home