Andrew the gentleman
Went for Andrew's chalet at Island Resort yesterday night.
XM ditched me at the last moment cos of her uncle's birthday and in the end I went with Zhang Yuan instead.
Andrew showed his rare gentlemanly and sweet side and paid for our taxi ride there. Haha!
He was also gentlemanly enough to serve food to us both while we slacked away. =D
He even got us presents!! I guessed correctly that it was chocolates though. Me = Smart. =)
Haha... bet you guys are all super surprised that he has this sweet side uh?
Only 2 photos:
I stooped down and Andrew tip-toed so that the height will be corrected. LOL! Doesn't look very convincing though...

*update* Picture censored by request. =)
SUPER DUPER unglam pic of Andrew. LOL!! He looks like a greedy pig. =D Oops. Don't be angry if you're reading this. You knew I was taking a pic but you chose to munch away anyway... Thus. I present to you the unglam gentleman.
Food was alright. I wanted to take pics of Andrew's section's performance but we kinda missed it. LOL! That's how detached we were from the rest of the people there. We were still wondering why everyone was gathering around, but we happily continued hunting for a drink. When we realised that they were performing, I whipped out my phone but just at that second, they took their bows and left the limelight. -.- It was some music thingy with wine glasses. You know, rubbing the rim of wine glasses and producing different pitched sounds. I tried it too but failed. =( Apparently my hands weren't wet enough or something.
The solo performances were not bad. Some talent we've got there! Guitar and singing.
Anyway Andrew was nominated for 'the most Garang award'. Too bad he didn't get it though. -.- Cos he was like giving up even before the voting began. There was also 'most blur' and 'most wayang', although I don't really get why they are 'awards'.
Just as I was about to leave... I saw PAMELA LAM LAM LAM!!!!!
Omigosh! We made quite a scene hugging and screaming and jumping about. Andrew said later that we were like mad women. What a coincidence to see her there!!! Haven't seen her since... end of sec 4. But couldn't talk for long cos both ZY and I had to rush home. Ah well.
Anyway before we left Andrew made sure we knew how to get home. Haha! He even placed some cash with us "in case you get lost". Andrew must have been struck by the gentlemanly virus that night... So rare la! =D
Anyway I have two separate things to say about the journey home.
First: That it took DAAAAMMMNN long. I think from the point where I waved goodbye to Andrew to the point I stepped into my house, the time span was like.... almost 2 hours. *faints*
Let's see... we walked from Island resort all the way past Mac and a bit more to take bus 48 to Orchard. We got down there, went to Raffles Town Club to use the toilet. Dam big la. Then we headed back t wait for 190. Waited daaaamn long and when it came, the bus was bursting at its seams. Then waited for the next one. When that finally came, the bus driver just sped past because he figured no one will be able to squeeze on either. In the end we hopped on 960 which roughly goes the same route. I got off at Ten Mile Junction (near Bukit Panjang Plaza) to take an lrt to Choa Chu Kang. After I took the lift up, I was greeted with a COMPLETELY and DEATHLY silent platform. All the EZ-link thingy were inactive. Even the top-up machines were closed. So I walked ALL THE WAY back to the bus stop BEFORE the one where I alighted to take 190 AGAIN. -.- Just as I was walking, I saw a group of THREE 190 rushing past me together, almost in a mocking way. And JUST at that moment Andrew the gentleman smsed me, "Have you reached home safe and sound yet?" ROAR!!! ZY was probably home and warm now, but I was still roaming the streets sadly. I reached home at midnight. I think we left the chalet at like 10pm. I felt like I was in a terrible remake of the Amazing Race.
Anyway, the second bit about the journey home was that it was FREAKY.
It started when ZY and me were walking towards Raffles Town Club to patronise their toilet. =D We spotted a pair of shoes next to the highway. Those ballet pumps kind. A little dirty. We noticed it and thought it was kind of weird to have a random pair of shoes next to the highway. I joked to ZY that someone must have been stripping. Then she suddenly gasped and turned to me and said, "Zi Sha." As in, suicide. There was something about her expression, or something in the way she said it, that REALLY creeped me out. I felt such a cold chill down my spine that I actually screamed and grabbed her. She said that the person probably took off her shoes and climbed over the low concrete railing and just jumped over. The cars go really fast there and if someone suddenly just jumps out, it will be a 100% hit. Now it sounds like a really silly idea, but at that point I was really creeped out at the thought. I looked back at the pair of dirty pumps and suddenly they look so sinister, lying there. Who knows what happened to the owner.
So I was already creeped out, and when we went inside Raffles Town Club to use the toilet, I was still jittery. The toilet was super big. But I still felt kinda on edge. Even when I was waiting for Zhang Yuan to come out I didn't relly dare to look into the mirror, And trust me, the mirrors there are gigantic la. Hard to avoid.
After that remember I went to Ten Mile Junction in the hope of catching an lrt? I had already missed the last train. I was pretty creeped out as I went up the lift as I felt that something was wrong. True enough, when I got out on the third floor, the whole area was just so silent. If a pin dropped I would really hear it like a loud clang. Freaky la! And I was comepletely alone, whith no one to ask for help. All the EZ-link tapping stations were marked with the red sign, showing inactivity. Somehow it got me kinda jittery as well. I went back down quickly to make my way to the bus stop. And after I reached CCK, I still had to take a walk. Past the Warren (Kit I'm sure you know that place. It's the one with the vandalism =D). Usually in the day I will look at the silly words scrawled there and just shake my head in disgust, but last night the whole area felt so creepy, incluing the words. It felt so surreal, like something out of Resident Evil. Some more along the long corridor there was some guy walking a distance away from me, so I was like walking really fast to escape the place. I decided to tune in to the radio to calm myself down. I tuned in to 933 and the first thng I heard was the beginning of the ghost story telling section. Shit man! The moment I heard the beginning of the sound track (with rapid gasping etc) I immediately tried to switch to another station but everything was hanging up on me so I just tore off the earphones. And the trip up my lift wasn't any better. I almost decided to take the stairs but that will take even longer. And the worst thing was when I got home to shower, I realised the toilet light had spoilt, and it kept flickering strongly. SUPER FREAKY LA!
*shivers*
Can't remember when I was last so freaked out by myself. Thanks ZY. With two words "Zi Sha", you triggered a reeeeally exciting night for me. LOL. Anyway Just realised that the tone of this blog changed a bit too abrubtly. Oops.
I'm itching for a horror movie now though. =D I think I'm sick in the mind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home