Random pics!!!
Also, to stop having to go through the same scenario for the 358987432nd time:
Person A "What course are you in?"
Me "Linguistics and Multilingual Studies."
Person A "Linguistics? Is that a new course?"
Me "Yea, it's a new course; we're the pioneer batch this year."
Person A "Sounds so cool! What do you do in Linguistics?"
Me "..." *thinking: NOT AGAIN....*
So!!! First, what have I been up to?
Meeting up with me dear bitches! Haha! Photo taken from my webcam at Ajisen.
But someone was missing from our outing... wonder WHO that is... RAWR!!
Lunching with Kenneth at Billy Bomber's!
Cutting my hair! Oh, I really must share this dumb thing I did while cutting my hair. The student price was just 10 bucks. Then the guy who did my hair was really nice and all. Chatting etc. Somehow I must have looked like a poly student to him cos he charged me 10 bucks at the cashier's.
Then I was like, "Eh? I'm considered student meh?"
He looked at me and said, "Oh, you're not a poly student meh?"
I was like, "Erm... no...? I in uni."
Then he just went, "Oh.. ok!"
And in the end I paid 19 bucks! ROAR!!!!! Should have shut my silly mouth! I swear the guy was dam amused when he cancelled the receipt to type a new one for me. =X
And I grew back my hair again. Waste of money. Hmm. has been like half a year and somehow the rebonded hair hasn't change much.
Sakae Sushi-ing with Jia Jia!! We had the buffet! In this disgusting bowl of thingy lies food we were unable to finish and were very desperate to hide. O_o
Let the both of us teach you the art of food-hiding!!!
Step 1: Crush food into tiny pieces.
Step 2: Place food on empty to-be-cleared plate.
Step 3: Cover filled plate with an innocent-looking empty plate!!!
Step 4: Add some rubbish on that plate to reduce chances of the clearing-plate-person wanting to touch or lift that plate.
SUCCESS!!! By the time they discover the horror you will be long gone. =)
Haha tell you all a secret: we were really cooking up dozens of ways to hide food! But we were sane enough to not execute them. We (okay, I, not we.) thought of sticking food under the table (I really checked under the table because I suspected other people must have had this idea before so I was expecting a whole row of rotten sushi stuck on the underside of the table. Alas! It was clean and food-free. Either we are the only ones crazy enough to think of the idea or the people working there clear under the tables everyday due to experience with mad customers. We even thought of putting bits and pieces of food back on the conveyor underneath the plates so that when we leave, bits of our meals will be hidden under the plates all over the whole restaurant! Haha... We also thought of stuffing our udon nodles onto a plate and putting it back on the conveyor belt then to watch it to see which table picks it up. OOPS! We are evil bitches!!
But the things we actually did were low scale la. Stuff like crushing food and scattering them into our bowls of noodles, adding green tea into our bowls to increase the soup level and make the remaining noodles seem less. Then the soup became too diluted such that the noodles could be seen so I poured soy sauce to darken it. Lo and behold, it works!! =D Man, we laughed till our tummies ached and we both wanted to vomit. Okay enough rambling. Move on!
Eeyore fetish leads to some animal abuse in our bunk... That's my Eeyore handphone holder. Erm. His head isn't supposed to be stuffed into it. But it looks like it's gorging on honey. Dam cute larh!
Doing crazy things in our room... like putting on kinky dresses which look like lingerie.... o_O This dress came from a botched-up online shopping tryout with xuelin last time. Dunno wad to do with it now. It wasn't supposed to be SHINY!! The stupid website lies. ROAR! The damn thing squeezed both Jia Yi and my armpits... =(
Getting Sheng Xiong (My HW101 Classmate) to do crazy things like split a Big Breakfast and Hotcakes between the both of us to get the best of both worlds!! Woo!! Try it next time. Heh. Copyrighted by a greedy Yuan Ting!!
Having intruders (or guests) in our bunk! Who loves to abuse animals! He flipped the damn animal upside down. At my request. =P Jia Yi don't kill me. I'm usually decent to your little creatures!! *raises arms*
My messy table in my bunk! Mirror and me, then lappie, then the mess. I think I have hidden artistic talents. Wahaha! You can even see Jiayi's files in the mirror!
Visiting and missing Da Da!!!
Random Cam-whoring with Hui Xian!
Playing around with yearbookyourself.com! Haha try it to destress! This is one of the tamer hairstyles....Besides all this I've been busy getting used to hall life... which involves having night runs with a bunch of friends, driving out of school at 1am for supper, complaining about stupid people who do stupid things in the laundry room, crashing rooms of friends or even other halls for study/chill sessions, enduring random shoutings at 12 midnight cos yet another poor someone is having their life scared out of them by people crashing into their room at 12 midnight for a birthday celebration... and all the other madness. But hall life rocks cos you can wake up at 945 or even 10 for a 1030 lesson and still be on time. *beams*
Okay! Done with part one! Now I shall finally let you guys see what on Earth I'm studying! Behold the linguistics course!
Learning how to read this shit. And vice versa to translate normal text into this shit. The thing actually reads:The north wind and the sun were disputing which was the stronger, when a traveller came along wrapped in a warm cloak. They agreed that the one who first succeeded in making the traveller take his cloak off should be considered stronger than the other. So lame la. I can just walk up to the dam guy and pull off his cloak with my hands. I'm the strongest!!! RAWR! Oh, the last seven sentences of this paragraph are not part of the transcription. I KNOW half of you are going to count just to correct me but i've made sure it is correct! Ha!
Sign Languages.
More stuff. Sorry about the bad picture quality. =X
My phonetics assignment! We had to listen to this irritating voice speak nonsense (actually Hungarian) and decipher it into phonetic symbols. A! Woo!! But damn I would have gotten an A+ if I hadn't made stupid mistakes! *whacks my head* On a side note, the exercise actually included the phrase "Oh my God" in Hungarian! Gosh. Except it is pronounced as "or mor gyort". Interesting huh!
This is from a module about Mind and Meaning of Liguistics. Here are earlier notes about animal communication. and stuff like the bee dance.
From the Structure and System of Linguistics module. The chart shows the different tongue positions where different vowels are created.
Erm.. diagrams showing how the tongue moves to create different vowels.
Memories of bio and Mani comes a-flooding back.
Haha! From our vulgarities lecture. Our normally decent female lecturer had to keep saying curse words. Ya, even the F word came out.
Oops! Forgot to flip the picture. This is our phonetics chart. Looks a bit like a maths formula sheet. *shudders*




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home