Tuesday, August 26, 2008

=X

Hola guys! Omg it has been so long since I last blogged. When I logged into blogger, I had to think for a second before recalling my password, when I used to be able to type with my eyes closed.

Ok. Poor neglected blog.

Let's see... my previous post was going on about CAC camp, which was like eons ago. =X Reeeaally ancient man. Hall camp was unforgettable too, but unfortunately I still have not gotten any pictures (which were fiercely promsied to all of us) yet.

Jiayi is in pageant!! Gosh gosh gosh. Exciting stuff. Somehow I have yet to fully sink into uni life. Reading other blogs, I find everyone complaining about the workload and projects etc etc. I've been pretty much enjoying myself for the past 2 weeks, but can no longer do so because I gotta start my reading very soon! First assignment is due next week.

Ah well. Am enjoying my course so far. I love the Fundamentals of Linguistics: Mind and Meaning course, which has so far covered topics like animal and child language. Dam cool la. The lectures for that module are filled with videos. *GRINS* The other modules are pretty intriguing as well. But I guess the first two weeks are introductory, things are pretty much easy to pick up. This week we're gonna start on stuff like phonetics and morphology... Still interesting, but I guess the real work is starting. So far all the tutorials have just been discussion sessions. Unlike JC, everyone speaks up, so it's really productive and engaging. From next week onwards hell begins. Anwyay, I've got my fridays off and my everytime other people look at my timetable, the swearowrds come out. Because I've got no lab! And everything fits very nicely. =D

Ok enough of uni stuff.

Sily Zhang Yuan has been dragging me to clubs along with one of my classmates. Clubbed consec for 2 days last week. MOS first, then Zouk the next day. OR was it the other way around? So shag can. The second day I wasn't feeling well cos was having cramps. Then the second half of it I just sat in one corner and stoned. Lol!!! I must be the only person ont he entire earth who can SLEEP in a club, what with the music blasting and all.

Don't really like the clubbing culture. Hands and eyes go everywhere and anywhere. Random guys come up trying to grab your hand or hold your waist. The worst is grinding, which I smartly managed to avoid by turning 90 degrees to whoever is trying. So for the entire time both of us wil just keep turning and turning, him trying to get behind me and me turning to half-face him so he can't do it. HA. Kind of comical actually. And shots are so disgusting la. What must lick salt first then drink it then suck wad lemon. =.= Me no time for such crap. I'll much rather order a cup of milo. But for the sake of it I had to down several shots. Ultimate yucks la. I'm so not appreciative of -OH group. I guess the only good thing is the music and the feeling that everyone is dancing and having a good time. Oh, the fruity fruity vodka stuff is nice though. You can hardly taste the -OH. Erm. Guess I'm more of a fruit juice person.

AND OMG TO BP PEOPLE WHO HAPPEN TO READ THIS, OUR DEAR MUSIC TEACHER, susanna *** GOES CLUBBING!! ZOMG!! Can die la. I thought ZY was kidding me but her info was from a teacher, who got his info from many of his students who are regular clubbers, so it has got to be true. Omygosh. She's like almost 60 and single.. and I guess desperate. >.< Ok la we shouldn't be so bad. Maybe as a music person she's really there for the music and the dance.

ZY's leaving next Monday. Will be hanging with her on wed, then get dragged to a club with her (again) on thursday. There's NUS Engin bash on Friday, sort of like a reunion for Hydra, my NUS CAC camp group. Equals two consec days of clubbing again. Guess I'm not really a clubber because I always find myself counting down the time. Like why is time passing by so slowly... when wil 3am come... what time does this club close..? (Cos they wanna club till closing time) And I'll keep dreading the next weird guy trying to hit on us. =(

Ok. Feeling dam guilty now cos on Jiayi's pageant day (6 sept), I have to celeb my day with a friend. Haiz. The ticket into the event is 60 bucks la. And I don't have a pink dress. Wait - I don't HAVE a dress, period. Sian. But no prob - she'll win for sure. =D Not that I'm trying to give her more stress (She's had enough of that lately), but because I really think so. Little or no fight from the other contestants. All the way babe!! Do block 56 and our room (Jia Yuan) proud! Then when you're done you can finally attack all the junk food that is stored in our room!

And am feeling guilty too because I had promsied to run the relay for my block on wednesday, but ZY decided to book me, and she's leaving on Monday, so I can't possibly leave my fiance hanging.. so I rejected my senior. AFTER I had already promsied him to run if no one signed up. x.X SO many things to be guilty about nowadays. Plus the fact that I should be back in hall hitting the books and tutorials instead of blogging.

And yea. Just to brighten up our day: The first day of uni, I had a lesson at 1030am and I didn't even know it till 1015am. -.- And all morning I had been asking everyone if lessons have started and I got mixed answers. When I found out at 1015, I rushed to my hall bus stop and took the first bus that came, which was a public bus. Had no time to wait for the shuttle bus. Anyway they travel the exact same route, just that gotta pay for public bus. I felt pretty calm and happy because I knew I would still get to my lesson JUST in time, or maybe only 5 minutes late. I planned to boast to everyone how I made it for lesson with only 15 minutes' notice. After 4 or 5 stops, I looked up an realised that I was ....... no longer in NTU. =.=

Smart me had taken the bus from the wrong bus stop and had been happily heading to boon lay. Cos my hall is at the entrance of NTU, so the bus enters NTU, passes my hall, goes round NTU in a loop then reaches my hall again before exiting NTU. Obviously I took from the wrong bus stop. Worse thing was, I realised my mistake and got off, then crossed the road to take the bus back, thinking that I'll probably be late for half hour at most and the teachers will be understanding knowing that it is the first week and students are bound to get lost. I took the bus into NTU... had no idea where to stop... didn't dare to alight.... then before I knew it? The bus had already completed one loop and I was back at my Hall.

Yay.

I gave up and went back to my room to sleep.

So yes. That was dumb story of the day.

And today I went into the guys' toilet, much to the shock of the poor gentleman washing his hands at the sink. I was wearing a jacket when I went in, and after I rushed out, I immediately too off my jacket so that the guy will not recognise me when he comes out. =.=

Okay. Time to print my notes and stuff. Next time! Blogging from the school library by the way. Dam cold siah. Sorry no time to edit typos today to this post confirm lots of nosnensical words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home