Sunday, June 22, 2008

OH MY GOD!!!

Jane Zhang Liang Ying

I can't believe I've never heard of her. Ok, maybe I'm just super slow. But she has a voice 1000 times better than ANY singer I know. I think to a certain extent, she is even better than Mariah Carey. Because she has such PERFECT control of her voice. She can switch frm R&B to sweet ballads with flawless ease.

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so gonna look for her CD. Plus she's chio too! =D

Here is the song that got me hooked on her. "Loving You", original song was by Minnie Riperton. She sounds better than Minnie Riperton. This was a video from some competition, "Supergirl". I can't believe she only came in as the runner-up. She became very well-known fron this song as the "Dolphin Girl", because she can reach do the hai3 tun2 yin1 VERY nicely. If you think hai3 tun2 yin1 is easy, you should watch this video to see how even trained singers like Tanya can't do it gracefully. Warning though: the first video is damn soothing, but the second one from Wo Cai, is just full of screaming people. But it is super hilarious la! Laughed till I couldn't take it la... Especially Chen2 Yi4.. when he's singing please prepare for total madness at the end. The second video is more of gao3 xiao4 than proper singing. Please remember to put your volume down LOW when watching the second one.

Edit: Found another video of screaming celebs here. This time neither Rainie Yang nor Hebe could do it. LOL!

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! I think you guys should watch the screaming videos first, THEN Jane's one. Trust me, you'll see the difference much better that way. On a side note, Ya3 Yan2 (the second girl in the screaming video) is very sweet-looking, although she failed to do the Hai3 Tun2 Yin1 as well. I first came across Ya3 Yan2 last year in the drama series "Mars". Although she was a protagonist in the story.. still found her charming. =D

Okay stop digressing. Back to the angelic voice. You should also watch this video to see how completely FLEXIBLE her voice is. Although I don't really dig those high chinese songs. But she does it soothingly so still can tolerate. LOL.

She's from China, but when she sings in English there's hardly any accent! She can sing in Cantonese, Chinese, English and Spanish!!!

From Wiki:

"Zhang was born in Chengdu, Sichuan. Her father was an engine attendant for a transportation company in Chengdu, and her mother was a shop assistant. During her childhood, she performed at her parents' workplace on several occasions. However, her parents divorced when she was 13; two years later, Zhang's father died. This forced her to work outside of school; she started to sing at a local public house, where her uncle played the accompaniments.

While performing at the pub, Zhang was exposed to a wide variety of music genres, and developed a taste for American country singers in addition to Western pop singers, such as Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera. Because she was unable to afford her own music players, Zhang frequently borrowed walkmans and headphones from her classmates, and skipped lunches to save enough money for cassettes. After graduating from college, she studied at Sichuan University's Foreign Language Department where she was majoring in English; she dropped out soon after to compete in the 2005 Super Girl competition."



Another song from her, "Without You". (Ken Leeeee)

OH MY GOD. I'm been replaying her 'loving you' for the 8th time le. I totally need to get her albums fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home