Thursday, June 15, 2006

Those men chasing that ball

Frankly, I've never really been interested in soccer except that I really want to learn how to do the chapteh thing with your thighs and feet. You know, keeping kicking the ball in the air. But chances are, if I try that, more than a few windows and skulls will break. Or maybe my own legs will break first. LOL.

Anyway, how many of you are planning to bet on World Cup? I'll tell you one sure way to get money. Its foolproof (almost), and all you need is as much money as you have. However, this does will only work for bets that have odds higher than 2 for both sides. For example, in the Japan-Aussie thingaling, the odds for one side (can't remember which) was 2.4. The other was 2.5.

By the way, this is how it goes. If the odds are, say, 1.6, and you put in one dollar (although the minimum is really 5 bucks) on the winning side, you get 1 buck sixty.

So in the case of Jap-Aussie where the odds are reeaaallly high, we should grab the chance. What do we do? We withdraw every single cent we have from our banks and smash every porcelain piggy and sell the whole house and rob a few old ladies. And we use the dough to bet.... ON BOTH SIDES. :)

Say you put in a million (while homeless) on each side (thus totalling 2 million). If the 2.4 side wins, your profit is 40% of one million. If the 2.5 side wins, your profit is 50% of one million. Gosh man. Ingenius, eh?

SO you might be thinking - WHY isn't everyone doing that??

Well, there is a tiny problem. There is still the small but not-too-small odd that they might end up with a draw. And you will end up homeless, penniless, in addition to already being heartless (those old ladies) and brainless.

Ah well. I will never understand the soccer craze. But I AM a bit sad that Japan lost. I'm not heartless, you know.

Sakka - bakabakashii!!! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home