10.36am Sat 18 Mar o6
I grew up thinking you were the greatest. I thought we had the best, or at least one of the best. I always thought that you deserved your wins, that you did not even need to bat an eyelid to be victorious, year after year, because you made us prosperous, because you made us into what we are today. Today I have grown up. I have seen the other side of you. Seen the sneaky things that you do in order to gain an advantage.
This morning, I pointed at the newspaper and asked my brother why that has to be so. Why the need for divisions? After all, we are small enough. There is no need for divisions at all. And he explained. And I knew. And I felt disappointed in you. I felt crushed. And I cannot even express my views properly now. I'm not allowed to. Bribery is wrong isn't it? Blackmail is wrong too, isn't it? People can get charged in court for it. Unfortunately, you have done both, and more. And you cannot be charged because the control of the court is ironically in your.. nevermind.
Funny how expensive houses and cars here are. Even in proportion to the limited amount of land that we have, the price is incredible. Compare it with other countries. You'll laugh at our own stupidity. You'll laugh at how gullible and naive and trustful we are.
There is a reason for everything you see here. There is a reason why the houses in Potong Pasir are hardly upgraded, and a reason why houses in other areas are. There is a reason why you win. Because you want to win, and because you are in control. Not only do you want to win - you want to win in such a way the your challenger becomes insignificant, crushed in a humiliating way, year after year. You do not even want to give them a chance. Everywhere, every single area, people pick up that piece of paper and they see your name. Most places, they only see yours. What about the other one? Many places, their names are none-existent. Only in a few areas do their names appear. Whatever happened to justice? Choice? It seems we have none here. If you are really as great as I used to think you were, you should have done away with the divisions. Do you dare to? I guess not. Because you do not have enough trust in yourself, and us. Kind of ironic when you think of how much trust people like me put in you, isn't it? You are a coward. Your desire for control.. has made me disappointed in you. I still have much to learn. But I no longer trust you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home